Thursday, April 01, 2010

Race To The Clouds

I got a number for the Mount Washington Road Race -- the Race To The Clouds -- on June 19 this year! 7.6 miles with 4650 feet of vertical rise. I've been entering the lottery for this event every year for several years, and never got a number until now. The course description says the road has "an average grade of 11.5% with extended sections of 18%, and the last 50 yards is a 22% "wall" to the finish."

This is gonna be awesome!

Now I just have to get my lard ass in shape...

4 comments:

RT & DS said...

hi allen & jodi,

this is our first adventure up the mountain too. david & rhonda
perhaps we can make arrangements to drive up/down. david is the runner. i'm the cyclist but not that day! you can reach either of us d_skrainski@yahoo.com or rhbjette@yahoo.com. look forward to hearing from you. run run run!

Sailtrail said...

Hi Allen and Jodi,
I am running in the Race for the Clouds too. Although I've hiked Washington many times I've always wanted to RUN it! If there is space available in your van, I'd love a ride down, if I've still able to sit up that is! BTW, I appreciated the photo of Katadin Summit, I've done Katadin three times, what a great mountain!
Hope we can connect, in any event, have a great run.
Myles Hanson,
sailtrail@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Hi Allen,

AWESOME!!!Will be cheering you on. I hope to be there too w/ a friend Bruce that will be doing it the run too. So, hope to see you there. Look for me.

Pam

Tom Reingold said...

Cyclists have an advantage at running and walking uphill. We have higher strength-to-weight ratios in our legs. You'll do great.