Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bailey Gap Shelter to Laurel Creek Shelter

Sunday, 5/10

AT Miles = 14.6 / 663.7
Other Miles = 0 / 28.7
Total Miles = 14.6 / 692.4

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

It didn't rain last night, and the sky cleared this morning! The sun came out! It was a glorious day! Thanks, Mom!

In honor of Mother's Day, I would like to note that this hiker never would have taken place if it weren't for my Mom . Not in the sense that sher planned it, or always wanted me to do this, or anything like that, but rather because she raised me to believe that I could pursue my dreams and if I tried hard enough, I could attain them.

The plan was for this blog entry to be headed by a photo I have on the photo gallery of my web site of my mother from back in the day. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to download to my cell phone.

In any case, my Mom is a pretty remarkable woman. She's suffered the loss of a child, and she has raised a husband and three sons more or less to maturity. I shudder when I think back on the stuff we put her through while we were going through our teenage years. But she never gave up on us. And Mom is always proud of the things I do, in the way that only a mother can be. She even thinks I'm a good writer!

So Mom, thank you for being my mom, and I hope you had a wonderful Molther's Day!

Monkeywrench
Allen Freeman
allen@allenf.com
www.allenf.com
allenf.blogspot.com

1 comment:

cassie_mjh said...

Oh Allen, that is so sweet about your mom. It nearly teared me up!
Cassie