Sunday, April 19, 2009

Roan Mountain Profile

I wrote about the climb up Roan Mountain that I did yesterday. This is a rather poor cell phone photo of the elevation profile for that hike. I started my day where my finger is pointing at the left, and ended atop Roan Mountain where my pen is pointing. The start of the climb, at about mile 14 in my day, is at the second fold you can see in the map. I just thought you might find this a bit interesting, though I realize most of the world's population does not share my fascination with maps.

Monkeywrench
Allen Freeman
allen@allenf.com
www.allenf.com
allenf.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Tom Reingold said...

I think it's all interesting. You and I both love maps, and I'm sure we're not the only two.

Also, many of us will enjoy a photo journal of a typical day, completely with highlights and lowlights, to coin a word. Anything you write or shoot is great fun for me.